In our conversation we cover the making of essentially every album he's recorded over the last couple of decades including The Brother Kite's latest entitled Make It Real which came out in August.
A lot of the focus was on the inspiration behind his songwriting and style of playing. He also talks a little bit about some of the gear he uses and you'll probably pick up on the different ways his albums have been recorded and the varying lengths of time each took to complete.
Interlude song order:
- "Falling In Love With A Shotgun" by Beefcake Messiah
- "Waiting for the Time To Be Right" by The Brother Kite (from their album Waiting for the Time To Be Right)
- "The Scene Is Changing" by The Brother Kite (from their album Isolation)
- "On The Mend" by The Brother Kite (from their album Model Rocket)
- " Don't Ask Why" by The Brother Kite (from their album Make It Real)
- "A Spark" by Snowplows (from their album Let's Die)
- "Tongue–Tied" by Patrick Boutwell (from his album Hi, Heaviness)
- " No Way Out" by The Brother Kite (from their album Make It Real)
Interview recorded September 21st, 2020 via Zoom
Intro music by Cedros
Hosted by James Toomey
***If you enjoy the episode please leave a rating or review wherever you're listening right now!***